02 May 2012

Children's Book for the Parents

“A book without words is like love without a kiss; it's empty.” —Andrew Wolfe 
This is the quote for the day on the right side of my blog. 
When my children were little I would take them to the library at least once a week, hoping that they would learn to love books. I would buy books also and read out loud to them.
When choosing books to buy, I thought it was important not only to choose a book that was fun, entertaining, a learning experience, and uplifting for the children - but one that I thought was fun to read! After all, I was the one who was going to read it to the children time and again!! 
We ended up with many Dr. Seuss books, books by Scandinavian authors Astrid Lindgren and Torbjørn Egner, and interesting picture turning/flipping books. Books that I liked, I would gladly read to them a hundred times or more.
So tip for the day: Buy books for your children that you like to read. That way you won't mind when they ask you to read it for the umpteenth time!

No comments:

Post a Comment