03 September 2012

Reading unveiled


If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads.
François Mauriac

Is it OK not to finish a book? Or even throw one away?
I don't mind if I finish early if I don't enjoy the book or if even throw it away, if I don't want to keep it in my library and be associated with my choice of reading.

To be picky about what we place into our minds is a good thing. What we are and what we become is under construction all the time - even under correction. The hard-disk in our head has room for much knowledge and many observances in life. Read and reread the things you find important to you and your own development and well-being.

My Wheaten Terrier sometimes places himself by the veranda door and does not bother to push the curtain away off his head. He can kind of watch me in the kitchen through the veil across his eyes. He can hear me and he knows I am there.

I hope to read books unveiled and know what I am absorbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment