04 June 2012

Writing is a Journey

As authors, when we think about our writing journey, we shouldn't think in terms of what we're "able" to do. We should think in terms of what we "want" to do.
These are the words of  Tristi Pinkston, LDS author and editor.



Is writing a journey? Our journey? I noticed the other day after sitting for hours solving a few pages in a chapter of a book, that it was brutal and difficult to get back into the real world. 

I seem to travel to the places I write about, I spend time with the fictional people there. And if I after hours with them have to go to the grocery store, I almost feel lost.
My husband says that I live three lives; one real life, one at night as I dream a lot, and a third in the stories I write. An interesting observation - but I believe he is right. Our imagination takes us exciting places and getting into a story by reading or writing it, can be an adventure.
Where do you want to go on your journey? Well, it depends on which book you pick up to read or which story you want to write. Go there - and enjoy!


Today's water color shows that a painting can take you on a journey as well. What do you think about when you see this imaginary place?

No comments:

Post a Comment