18 April 2012

Book to read: The Eight

A good place online to organize the books you read and get recommendations for more along the same line is Goodreads. It is also a meeting place for friends who enjoy books and reading, an opportunity to join reading groups, and much more.
Today I would like to recommend a book I love. It is called "The Eight" by Katherine Neville (published 1988).
It is a rich blend of medieval mystery, modern romance, and historical fiction. The story is packed with people from history, adventures on different continents, and an intelligent game of chess.
This being Neville's debut novel, she has already been compared to writers like Umberto Eco.
Why I like this book?
I enjoy a clean novel - free from bad words and bedroom scenes. I love it when I can learn something new, that the writing has an intelligent approach, bringing the story forward in a teaching and entertaining manner. It is a page-turner that makes you sad when the last page is read.

No comments:

Post a Comment